Worship: Our worship is dynamic with music from one of our choirs or special guests, we engage the five senses to bring us into the presence of God, and the message is relevant and meant to inspire people to fulfill the mission of “making and nurturing disciples”.
Children and Families: There are opportunities for young people to experience the nurture and the work of the church.
• Junior Church is available for those in Kindergarten-3rd grade each Sunday morning during worship where they learn about a Bible Story using a Sunday School curriculum.
• There is a gathering for kids in the 4th-6th grades on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month during worship. They meet during the school year.
• Kids’ Club is for those 3rd grade and younger. It is held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month during the school year. Kids hear a Bible Story, make a craft, and enjoy a snack.
• Peace Protectors is for kids 4th-6th grade. It meets at the same time as Kids’ Club. The lessons focus on developing relationships with God, family and friends.
• Throughout the year, we host a “Seasoned Seniors” Luncheon for those middle-aged on up. There is food and entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.
Faith Formation: Our adults have the opportunity to grow in their faith through a variety of programs.
• Sunday Morning Sunday School Class
• Wednesday Evening Bible Study for Young Adults
• “Bless This House” Prayer Group on Monday mornings at 9 a.m.
• Prayer Partner ministry,
• Special events throughout the year like our annual Consistory and Coordinator Leadership Retreat and our Myers-Briggs Personality Typing Event.
Mission: The church is not about the building. The church is about people connecting with people. It is our firm belief that “Jesus Left the Building” to do ministry and so we go out into the community and minister with others.
• Monthly Mission Moments
Each month there is a different ministry that receives financial support
from the congregation. Click on the link to see our 2015 Mission Partners. http://www.peacecommunityucc.org/monthly-missions-for-2015/
• Mission Trips
Some examples: Back Bay Mission (Biloxi, MS), Nu Vizion and Grace Center (Toledo, OH) and Crossroad (Fort Wayne, IN)
• Morning View Pointe (Nursing Home) Birthday and Bingo
• Feeding the Hungry
Be Ministry Luncheon (2nd Saturday of Each Month)
St. Paul’s Episcopal Free Meal (4x a year)
• Chapel Hill Camp for Young Cancer Patients and their Families
Annual Events Each Year:
Afternoon of Sacred Music – Held the third Sunday of February at 2 p.m.
Music from the congregation and the community.
Saturday in the Park
Held the second Saturday of June. Includes a 5K Walk-Run
and free fun for the family.
Ice Cream Social
Held the second Friday of August from 5-7 p.m. Includes homemade
noodles and Riverside Ice Cream!